Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2008 vx110 is driving me bat...crazy... the original problem was no speed over 30.. checked and had injectors cleaned. changed oil/filter and when run out of water with hose noticed water intrusion into pistons??? cleaned those out and then noticed excessive smoke and low rpms that led to seeing oil in air box so cleaned up all changed filter and oil.. cleaned up pistons (fogged and changed plugs) and thinking my problem was related to air box having too much oil thought problem resolved- started and ran-- ran like a champ unreal power... for about 1 hr and then same probl-- water in oil-- oil reservoir seems to fill up-- cleaned out pistons again and now thinking maybe somehow something related to the exhaust mainfold maybe the culprit-- what else if anything can someone suggest-- compression is good in all 180-190 all 4- injectors all were good but carb shop cleaned anyhow said all well within their specs-- Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes lost power; shut down, no start --- did not' notice water in oil beforehand- we had changed oil and filter, plugs and replaced cleaned injectors- then ran it to test and noticed excess smoking and the oil level rising and it was water? then- checked air box to see the oil.. removed plugs to check for water and yes water-- cleaned all three (oil res, air box, engine block water and reinstalled clean air filter, oil filter, oil and fogging oil--) ran like a champ-- once in water ran great for bout an hr then shut down... thinking maybe somewhere in the intake or exhaust manifold there is some thing allowing water intrusion--- would/could a cracked block or leaking head gasket result in these symptoms-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts