Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 2005-6 vx1100. and i have vibration issues at higher rpms only. ski runs fine below 4 or 5 thousand rpm... the higher i go in the rpm my ski starts to shake and vibrate real bad. it feels like the shaking is coming from the back end of the ski. the only thing i can see wrong on a visual inspection is that there is a small ding (dent) on one of the impeler blades. where a rock was sucked up. small as in the size of a quarter or so. can a small bend cause an imbalance in the impeller and vibrtions at speed? or do i need to look elsewhere?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
i have a 2005-6 vx1100. and i have vibration issues at higher rpms only. ski runs fine below 4 or 5 thousand rpm... the higher i go in the rpm my ski starts to shake and vibrate real bad. it feels like the shaking is coming from the back end of the ski. the only thing i can see wrong on a visual inspection is that there is a small ding (dent) on one of the impeler blades. where a rock was sucked up. small as in the size of a quarter or so. can a small bend cause an imbalance in the impeller and vibrtions at speed? or do i need to look elsewhere?
Size of a quarter is not small on an impeller blade. That could definitely cause vibration. Less likely would be that the damage could have bent the drive shaft. Time to shop for a new impeller.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Size of a quarter is not small on an impeller blade. That could definitely cause vibration. Less likely would be that the damage could have bent the drive shaft. Time to shop for a new impeller.

yep, damage impeller will vibrate at high speeds, pics of impeller and wear ring would help,an upgrade to a top aftermarket Solas or Skat trak will give you better performance depending what kind of pitch you want.

·
Registered
30 Posts
when you re-prop, be sure to inspect your shaft bearings. That kind of vibration puts a whole lot of stress on them.

If you've been running w/ that dinged prop for any length of time, I'd recommend replacing the bearings as a matter of course while you have the pump apart. Won't add that much to the cost of the repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts