Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, they just drill holes in the hull, put sealant on it and bolt it on. I didn't think mine would get used but all my passengers love it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ernest - Did you ever do this upgrade on your ski?

I may want to install one while I'm doing all my hull work. How difficult is the install? My biggest concern is keeping the hull watertight. Drilling holes in it makes me feel a little uneasy.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I ended up getting a ski that already had a step. I know several guys that have added the step. It doesn't seem to be a big deal, and I've heard of no problems with leaks if you do it properly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a boarding step added to my 2002 FX140, I did not do the install, and I have no idea how they hell they reach down on the inside of the ski where the bolts go threw. But I have not had any issues with leaking or anything yet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a boarding step added to my 2002 FX140, I did not do the install, and I have no idea how they hell they reach down on the inside of the ski where the bolts go threw. But I have not had any issues with leaking or anything yet.
Im about to do mine next week. Parts come in on the 2nd. But for the bolt that goes way in there, im going to use a screw magnet retriever extension to do that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im about to do mine next week. Parts come in on the 2nd. But for the bolt that goes way in there, im going to use a screw magnet retriever extension to do that.
Let me know how the install goes and if the screw magnet retriever extension was helpful. If so please post a link for the tool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts