Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if it was at all possible to take a newer yamaha engine and put in a 1996 wave venture hull. If so, what engine?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
By newer if you mean another 2 stroke, like going 1100 to 1200, or 700 to 800 you could probably do it, but I'd look at the drive shaft, pump system, and engine mounts first, cause that will be the points that will make it hard or easy.

No way to go from a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke engine, without it being more expensive and way more work than ever practical.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I would assume that if my friends can put a 4-stroke supercharged 1500 Seadoo engine in a Yamaha GPR 1300 hull, and make it one of the fastest skis ever to hit the planet(95-100 mph) that switching yours over should be no big deal just do your homework.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I would assume that if my friends can put a 4-stroke supercharged 1500 Seadoo engine in a Yamaha GPR 1300 hull, and make it one of the fastest skis ever to hit the planet(95-100 mph) that switching yours over should be no big deal just do your homework.:thumbsup:
How much does it cost to build a 90mph Rotax 4 tec powered GPR? Heck even 80 would be fine. I need to get or build a really fast ski one of these days.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Problem is he is talking about an old mid-90s Wave Venture hull, which is no where near the size of the much more modern 1300 gpr. It would be like taking your 850hp engine out of the Outlaw and putting on a row boat. It could be done, but...............?

80 mph on a jet ski, scares the hell out of me, much less 90+ mph. I'd like to watch one go by on the water, but that is about as close as I would want to be. :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
How much does it cost to build a 90mph Rotax 4 tec powered GPR? Heck even 80 would be fine. I need to get or build a really fast ski one of these days.
Check on the GREEN HULK forum. There are posts about this monster, Also look up Jerry Gaddis on face Book he owns PWC performance and the Green Hulk forum. Plus he owns one. He is great guy to know. He is out of New Orleans.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts