Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to forum, need help. Just bought a 95 Regal Rush with the 90 motor. Has ran great for two weeks. Took it to the lake for the 4th and now have something wrong. In one of the bays to get gas and of course it's all seaweed from about 30 yards out to the dock. After filling up, realize sucked up some because I could not get the boat to plane out and it was going prob. 15 mph slower than it should. Pulled the seaweed out, ran fine. After a little bit, went back out, the boat acted like it still had some stuck in the intake, reached hand in while still in the water and it seemed clear, used the neighbors hoist, picked up the boat, nothing in there. So the impeller is clear, motor is running fine, but can not get to full speed, new to jet boating don't know where to look next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
cavitate means when you give it throttle from almost stand still does it rev and slowly begin to move like the same thing as having seaweed stuck in the grate when you give it throttle it like feels like it over revs for how fast it takes off but then after 5 or so seconds catches up with speed...The reason I think its carbs is because you said you got gas from the bays so this means maybe the carbs got a little plugged up...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, its acting like there is seaweed in the grate still. Haven't had a chance to do anything to it yet. Going to take carbs off and clean tomorrow morning, will let you know how I make out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts