Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Looking for advise please. I came off my GP1300R it took me 20 Minutes to swim to it, all that time it was upside down. When I got to it and righted it, it was full of water. Had to be rescued and bought back to shore. Once the ski was drained of all water, it would not start. All the electrics, ECU, etc are OK, it turns over but does not start. Left it over night, cleaned out as much as I could, removed spark plugs. When I try and start it with spark plugs out water shoots about 20ft in the air. I guess the Crank Case is full of water and therefore the Carbs, infact every thing is containimated with sea water.

Any way to the point, is it an Engine rebuild? or what else can I do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
keep running it with no plugs till all water is gone.. then pour a small amount of oil down each plug hole and turn over again with no plugs in till the oil is gone.. do that about three times put in just over a cap full down each plug hole..(when i say cap full i mean the lid from the 2 stroke bottle) replace plugs with new ones and turn over it might take quite a while but it will go.. then run fresh water through asap. if your ski is a 1300 it wont have carbs it will be fuel injection mate..:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts