Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my 650 VXR has been running bad ever since I rebuilt the carb (wasn’t running before I did that so no way to compare) it bogs at half throttle or more especially under a load

I looked for a genuine mikuni kit when I was first going to rebuild but never could find one until now (after I’ve rebuilt it of course)

I ended up going with the Winderosa kit from Bay Area Powersports thinking since it’s a marine parts dealer it should be pretty good quality you know?

I read a lot of forums and apparently unless you get the genuine mikuni kit you have problems and could that be the case here?

I attached pics of both kits

let me know your thoughts...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If you can return it without a bunch of BS. It's up to you.
As for complete rebuild. I'd record the high/low screw settings and take down. I prefer to soak mine in the dip type carb cleaners then hose off. Blow dry and use carb spay to blast through all the orifices then blow out again. Then assemble.

I've used both after market and Mikuni kits. I've never had an issue from mikuni's. The after market I've had good and bad experiences.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I will try to do that. Would have went with mikuni if I knew there was one... had to go through several pages to find one.

The carb is clean I cleaned it the first time with spray carb cleaner there wasn’t anything in it.

I guess I wrongly assumed that a “reputable” marine parts dealer would sell me an at least useable kit when I paid almost $50 after tax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts