Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2000 waverunner 800xl. Was running good (or so I thought) until about hour number 10. I have one cylinder that show's light brown on the plugs and the cylinder looks very clean. The other cylinder, I'm thinking ran lean and burned the rings and scored the cylinder at the exhaust port. This weekend I'm going to putting the top end back together and going through the suspect carb to determine if it is just off on the settings or dirty. I've familiarized my self with doing the carb adjustment procedure on Mikuni's website to set low, mid, popoff and high speed settings. How does this work with dual carbs? Should I just set it up with the same number of turns on each screw setting as the other carb (I'm thinking it's real close to good), then adjust each based on plug readings after it's running? The service manual isn't much help in this respect. It just covers synching the throttle linkage. Thanks.

·
Registered
323 Posts
On an xlt800, you can adjust the low speed mixture screw in the water anyway so its not such an issue to get it right the first time. As long as the high is set correct, possibly give it another +-1/4 turn, it should be ok. Adjust the low to tune

1 - 3 of 3 Posts