Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this little guy in the fuel pump check valve on the carb.

I now need help solving three less obvious problems. After I cleaned everything and rebuilt both carbs, new filter, plugs, fuel line, fuel valve bypass, fresh gas, etc., the first problem is that I still stall out after about ten seconds at full throttle. I can restart before it even slows to a halt, and immediately get ten more seconds at full throttle, then stall. Runs all day at 1/2 throttle. I am going to switch the fuel line from the reserve pickup to the other, any other ideas?

Second problem is that it will sometimes stall after idling for a minute, and I have to pulse the throttle to keep it running. Often hard to start again.

Third and final problem is electrical, in that when it's not on the water I will sometimes get a no spark condition. I thought maybe kill switch malfunction, and now that I have the factory service manual I will proceed with the troubleshooting, which will be tough because the issue is intermittent.

Any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dead. Proves I did a good job of draining the carbs at the end of the season, but how it could survive in any remaining fuel is beyond me, let alone physically getting in there with the only opening to air in this carburetor being the jets, or an empty but unvented gas tank. Now I often have insects plugging up the water exit lines, even entire beehives in boat engine compartments, but I never have seen a maggot in a carb before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is pretty crazy lol.

It definetely sounds like a fuel problem though, since sometimes you have to blip the throttle to keep it running.

Did you replace ALL of the fuel lines? What about the fuel filter, or the fuel selector switch (on/res/off)? It seems like the fuel system is still clogged up somewhere.

How is the engine compression?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts