Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the supertech tcw3 oil from walmart in there waverunner?

I have a yamaha xlt1200 waverunner. It says that I can only use 2w non phosphorus oil.. and I was wondering if I could use supertech tcw3 oil from walmart? But I am hearing that I can't because of my cat converter?

I am only seeing 55mph out of my waverunner so I am thinking my cat converter might be getting plugged up so I was wondering if I could just take my cat converter off ?and than would it be alright to run the tcw3?

·
Registered
323 Posts
you cant run tc-w3 until you remove the cat/converter. Tc-w3 is a mineral based oil. Im not sure what supertech oil is because im not american but any good quality tc-w3 will do the job. It will keep the power valves as clean as possible. Get a D-plate and a sensor block off and that should give you a slightly
better performing engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I am only getting 45mph top speed and it's bogging could this be my prob. or at least part of it? I haven't changed the fuel filters YET or done a de-carbonizing or w*e but I am going to do that today! It is mostly bogging when I am weaving in and out and donuts BUT it also does it a little all of the time.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts