Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 GTX 4TEC Seadoo. The engine has just been rebuilt because of a broken oil ring. It is running perfectly except when I am pulling someone out of the water on a ski or wakeboard. Feels a bit like the engine is missing. The motor is fine when it is up and planing. It also takes off fine with just 1 person on board. Could this be cavitation and what is required to fix it?
The main use for the ski is to tow so I would prefer more power down low.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Doesnt sound like cavitation per se to me... Sounds more like the engine is straining too hard. Of course if the rev's are going up and not down like I was thinking then it probably is cavitation.

If the ski is mainly used for towing, you might want to invest in a new impeller with a lower pitch. That will help you pull them out of the water faster with more low-end power. The sacrifice is in top speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have just had installed a new solas impeller and wear ring. Cannot believe the difference in performance. The cavitation problem has gone and will now whip an adult skier on single ski no problem. Torque down low is sensational and has not affected the top end speed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Glad you got it fixed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts