Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used Honda Aqatrax Fx12. It's a 2004. How do I get the oil out to change it?.Thank you..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice Administrator

This is the worst forum i've ever seen. I own another boat and the forum helps fellow owners out. Here, the ADMINISTRATOR suggests to "READ THE MANUAL" .... wow ... REALLY? :appl:

Go ahead an bump me from this poor excuse for a forum. Show some pride PWC owners and quit just viewing these things .. help each other out. :mad:

You can buy a pump that will suck the oil out through the dip stick insertion point. Check Overtons, West Marine, etc. Any other issues or concerns i'd suggest you find another forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honda tells you where to buy the pump from? You must have one of their new "advertiser" version book.

And what is wrong with confirming with the guy how that is how it is done in the real world.

The manual also tells you if you touch the spark plug tip to just replace it b/c it won't work anymore. Do you do that everytime? Do you check your oil everytime you ride? Do you spray the throttle body everytime you ride? How does that Honda cleaner work on your PWC? Come on...

There is often a difference between what the manual says and the tricks of the trade people come to these forums to learn about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Every Fill Up? or Every Ride as in manual -- the manual is the bible brother ... from Honda's printer to our eyes ... blessed are we who can live its words. You may go to Yamaha hell for your misteps.

I apologize for thinking an online forum is a place to get more "real life" knowledge than is available through Honda's manual. Apparently PWCforum is a place for those who are deathly afraid to live. I'll go to confession and cleanse my soul before coming back.

Better yet, you keep administering this fine "hang out" .. i'll find a place where folks give a crap about trully helping each other out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another point, The question stated very clearly that he purchased a USED ski.... maybe he doesn't have the manual yet. I couldn't agree more. I would expect as much from any yahoo on here but the moderator... that's awesome.. you got a chuckle at a new readers expense. Thanks going to greenhulk.

·
Registered
285 Posts
wow seems like anger in here heheh.
Changing the oil in the ski, I do not do what the manual says, after it sits a few days I will suck the oil out from the back plug on the engine and then the oil resivior it seems to get all the oil better than if i run it like the manual says, and then i do add the full 4.5quarts to it like the manual says and then run and check it, mine usually takes a full 5 quarts of oil this way. Everyone is different, but this way works for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
cheap oil pump, how to change yr oil

Ok, get this pump,
Multi-Use Transfer Pump

cheap, only 6 bucks, works great! have changed my oil many times with this pump.

warm up the ski, hook up to the flush kit, run for a couple of minutes.
pull the dip stick, wiggle the hose in there as far as you can get it. pump until you get no more.
tip the ski up slightly, not to high or the oil will run out when you remove the rear oil plug.
add the smallest hose to the pump, pump this area till no more comes out.
put the plug back in.
Get yourself a rag and put it below the notch where the filter is located.
remove the filter.
Take the new filter, dab some oil on the seal, screw the filter on , HAND TIGHT ONLY.

Add 4.5 Quarts, level out the ski, start the ski, run for a minute or two, and check the dip stick. add if needed.

Load up and get on the water.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts