Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't afford at this time to send my SeaDoo to a shop to have the oil changed and am a little confused on how to do it. I change the oil in my truck all the time but have found it is a lot different in a PWC. According to the disc I got off the intereat about SeaDoos, it says that I have to siphon the oil from the dip stick area but also at the same time have to crank the engine without actually starting the engine and that is where I get lost. It also says to repeat this process. Why is this step necessary and is it a vital process in the changing of the oil. Is there anyone out there that can give me tips or instructions on changing oil. Would appreciate any feedback. I own a SeaDoo GTX 4-Tec. Look forward to any suggestions.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I can't afford at this time to send my SeaDoo to a shop to have the oil changed and am a little confused on how to do it. I change the oil in my truck all the time but have found it is a lot different in a PWC. According to the disc I got off the intereat about SeaDoos, it says that I have to siphon the oil from the dip stick area but also at the same time have to crank the engine without actually starting the engine and that is where I get lost. It also says to repeat this process. Why is this step necessary and is it a vital process in the changing of the oil. Is there anyone out there that can give me tips or instructions on changing oil. Would appreciate any feedback. I own a SeaDoo GTX 4-Tec. Look forward to any suggestions.
Hey there, this is how the dealer told me to do it. First run the ski on the trailer w/flush kit to heat up the oil. After shutting it down I use a hand vaccum pump by sticking in the siphon tube down the dipstick shaft until it hits bottom then pump out the oil. After move the siphon tube around in shaft to make sure you reached all spots. remove oil filter cover(you will need a special torx bit for that) exchange filters, install the oil filter cover and fill w/ Seadoo oil. I never ran the motor in midstream to try to squeeze out any other oil. You can buy an oil change kit from Seadoo.:062:

See Ya:reiter:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts