Personal Water Craft Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve ridden a ton of jet skis. Had a pair of super charged and just plain 1.8. 53 mph vs 65 not that big a deal but is for gas holy hell. I just bought a pair or VX limited. Previous years they are 50+ Mph. The main difference is you can go to HO fx 1.8 but GPH is going to murder you. I’m in TN and 8~15 gallons per hour is no joke. That’s for the 1000cc vx limited. For a SC you’ll go 15~25 per hour wide open throttle. 3$ a gallon x 36 every couple hours you’ll be glad. Consider cost of ski, plus storage. Mine are in my garage but some people waste money paying storage fees. Insurance, deductible, etc. travel time to water. I’m 1.5 hours at most for several dams, and 15 minutes from a very lake. HIGH cost at beginning, 10 hour break in then 10 hour tune up. Break them in between now and early spring! 10 hours is a long ass time on the water, so break them in early. It’s your payment + 100 a month in season+ gas, 600-1200 for service each year. Still with me? Good, they are super fun and my family loved it. 2 kids 6/8 girl/boy. you are going to love them! I bought mine, also a new ram truck so it’s pricey as hell. But my kids won’t be small forever and I want to make good memories with them. Yes, I started negative but I feel you really should be aware of what you are getting into before hand. Gas is 2. 25 gallon in season, 2.02 right now. In CA it was 3.75!!!!! Ouchy! -Nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s a gr
alright,
so today I finally closed a deal on a 2020 Yamaha Waverunners FX LIMITED SVHO.
I did a lot of thinking to see which model would be best for me and I decided to go with this model. I am planning to keep this for the next few years.
so I went to New York City Boat show and on Yamaha section I started to talk to the dealers and got the below deal on the machine.

original MSRP for the FX SVHO Limited is $17,599
and Karavan SINGLE WATERCRAFT ALUMINUM TRAILER $1,199

I paid a flat $18,000 on it including Freight, Prep fee, DMV fee for watercraft, DMV fee for trailer and tax.
please let me know what you think and let me know if I got a good deal or not. I feel like I got a good deal tho lol
That a great deal. January is prime time for buying and deals are harder to come by. I bought 2x vex limited for 23500 all in after tax. Got triton elite trailer for 2200 xc2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That’s a gr

That a great deal. January is prime time for buying and deals are harder to come by. I bought 2x vex limited for 23500 all in after tax. Got triton elite trailer for 2200 xc2.
Thats a good deal too,
yeah man, Jan is the best time to buy especially from boat show prices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep! I was looking at GPH and vx limited hovers around 8 GPH vs 15~25 on super charged svho was like nah I don’t want to spend 75$ an hour in gas. 53 is plenty fast for me. They top out @ 52-53, still in break in period says full speed not more than 5 mins, so been doino 3 to 53 randomly for another 6 hours to go! Breaking in is a pain but you get to cruise around yay.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts