Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new (used) ski that I got a couple of weeks ago that has a clogged pisser line that hasn't caused any over-heating alarms. I can see the debris near the port on the hull, but I didn't want to go ramming something up in there to dislodge it without checking around. Is that a safe way to clear that line?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'm not sure how it hooks up on the VX, but it is just a rubber hose on other models, that you can take loose from under the back of the ski. It won't hurt anything to be stopped. In fact, many people put in a cut off valve, disconnect it or clamp it off when it becomes a problem for towing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Bad... What I meant to discribe was the cooling water exhaust port on the front left hand side of the ski just at the water-line. I believe this is an cooling water exit just like on an outboard motor. Anyway, I'm not getting any alarms which would lead me to believe its over heating, but it can't be a good sign if this is clogged to the point where there is no water flow.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yea you definitely want to see water coming out of the port cooling vent. You might try cleaning the thermostat, which is where debris will often get lodged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts