Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
to pwc's in NJ and have questions. We are a family of five with four legal age riders. We've decided we want a three-seater powerfull enough to waterski off of, a two-seater and possibly a third machine. I'd like anyone's thoughts on used maintenance free or reliable makes and models - both recommendations as well as machines to avoid. What should I expect with respect to fuel economy - I understand pwc's are like jeeps, those words don't go together, but I want to avoid the models that use more gas. When looking at machines, how do I go about inspecting a vehicle's hull if its in the water and how do I go about test driving a machine if its in someones driveway? I understand that some manufacturers are discontinuing their lines so I'd like to stick to the manufacturers in play unless it doesn't matter for to much. Lastly, we'd like to get three machines but don't want a four place trailer due to its size. Does anyone have any thoughts on the three place trailers that have the one pwc seat sideways across the trailer?

Thank you in advance for your time.

·
Registered
811 Posts
to pwc's in NJ and have questions. We are a family of five with four legal age riders. We've decided we want a three-seater powerfull enough to waterski off of, a two-seater and possibly a third machine. I'd like anyone's thoughts on used maintenance free or reliable makes and models - both recommendations as well as machines to avoid. What should I expect with respect to fuel economy - I understand pwc's are like jeeps, those words don't go together, but I want to avoid the models that use more gas. When looking at machines, how do I go about inspecting a vehicle's hull if its in the water and how do I go about test driving a machine if its in someones driveway? I understand that some manufacturers are discontinuing their lines so I'd like to stick to the manufacturers in play unless it doesn't matter for to much. Lastly, we'd like to get three machines but don't want a four place trailer due to its size. Does anyone have any thoughts on the three place trailers that have the one pwc seat sideways across the trailer?

Thank you in advance for your time.
:welcome: Hey glad to give my opinion on your questions. As far as good brands of PWCS are concerned Seadoo and Yamaha are the most reliable and dealer supported brands. In saltwater Seadoo holds a big advantage wuth a closed loop cooling sytem instead of raw saltwater. Yamaha is used by most rental companies. Seadoo is my brand of choice. A good value is on the three seat GTX. I have a 2008 GTX 215 HP plenty of power for whatever you want to do. No mechanical failures at 55 hours. I also own some muscle skis that are Seadoos. On the other hand Honda is out of production and service on them stinks. Kawasaki is not built as well and sees more failures and repairs.Fuel economy is strongly based on your right hand, this is from somone who owns a very modified 2006 RXT. As far as your water testing a used ski goes, that is a must. So what ever it takes get it in the water. That is the only way to buy one with an " ASIS " warranty. Also if the ski is in the water get it up on the trailer. Look in the engine compartment for sign of submersion or shadetree mechanics:smashfreakB: Never have I seen a three place trailer can't help ya there. I live in Delaware and use my skis in salt water and brackish water.

Well good luck:ShowLetter18:

See Ya:00000048:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good. Thank you. I was already leaning toward a Sea Doo for the three-seater b/c we will be in saltwater. Just want to get my facts straight before I buy. I was hoping to buy over the winter but I'm wont be able to take a test drive then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts