Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that depending on the RPM's sustained and turned, partially determines the life span of reeds. My stage II turning roughly 7800 RPM has 37 hours of use on some Moto type II's and they let me down today.
How many hours are you guys replacing them? How many hours with the Fusion reeds?
My basic Matrix now has a little over 40 hours and I'm thinking maybe it's time to change them out, what do you think??

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reed Failure Symptoms

There were a few guys over at PWCToday that had some issues that nobody answered and I just realized their problem as it happened to me today.

Loss of power, if I hit waves or unloaded the pump the RPM's and speed would return. I checked for hose leaks, siezure, plugs etc. Out of the water it seemed to rev pretty good. Culprit? The friggin reeds man, the friggin reeds, whoever checks those damn things??

If somebody happens to catch those posts, can you have them check the reeds??

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dad and I was just talking about this casue my reeds has never even been checked (Stock with 190 hours on them). I started looking for the reeds that you mentioned to me Ph20, but if they don't last a long time, I think I would rather stay with ol' dependable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My slt750 developed a problem after blocking off the oil pump. It idles fine, but boggs with any pressure on the throttle at all. Checked the carb and all was well. So decided it must be the reeds. Sure enough, the whole bottom sides on all three banks were worn out, but only slightly. But figured it was enough to make the ski have that problem. Now the fuel mixture was a bit heavy but i don't think that could have been the reason for the slugg once the throttle is pressed. Please correct me if i am wrong. Buying new reeds tomarrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts