Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the process of putting a new cylinder on the project ski I bought. It’s a 96 Sea Doo XP.

the cylinder had a cracked water jacket so the guy I bought it from had ordered a new cylinder and it looks great! It is however missing the cooling system elbow fitting that screws in. I looked in the manual and apparently these ARE NOT swappable nor can you use generic ones. The numbers in the manual don’t match the one that is on the stock cylinder... the one on my stock cylinder is 16.

Is the 16 correct? Do I need to change it also? Where do you get these from?

Anybody know if the other fitting is the same? Where can I get the correct one? Really need help!! Thanks so much.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Partzilla lists it as ...
Elbow Fitting

There was one on ebay but now has been sold. Partzilla does not show it as in stock. Why can't you use the one from the cracked cylinder ? I would read the manual you posted a pic of as .... Don't swap ... as in different sizes.. If the one on the cracked cylinder is good I see not reason not to use it. Different interpretation of "swap"...

In my humble opinion ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much. The guy I bought it from had sent the cylinder off to be repaired and never got it back before I did but he is supposedly sending it to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts