Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a favorite ski cover they recommend? I've looked at the oem, and the quality/price is just not there for me. I've looked at SealSkin, and they look ok, but was wondering what y'all thought.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Anyone have a favorite ski cover they recommend? I've looked at the oem, and the quality/price is just not there for me. I've looked at SealSkin, and they look ok, but was wondering what y'all thought.
I used to recommend sealskin as I have one of the 10yr ones and it fits pretty good. Not custom fit. But nice. But it has faded very quickly. And 2 people that I recommend them to have had issues and there customer service just isn't there. At all. Not a bad cover for the price but if you have issues you may have a hard time getting anything done about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have a favorite ski cover they recommend? I've looked at the oem, and the quality/price is just not there for me. I've looked at SealSkin,
2008 Yamaha 1200 came with cover lasted 2 years before shredding. Same with the warranty return. Went to sealskin which is cheaper than manufacturer but same issue. Note that 5-year warranty only allows for one returns. I just replaced 2018 cover using the warranty on my 2018 Yamaha. Sealskins.com sent email saying cover shipped but did not. Took one month to get it! Suggest you Google Reviews for any product. Untied drawstring at bow to allow stretch room but string slipped inside the cover. If anyone knows how to purchase a tool I would be grateful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what I have found was that my Covercraft BMW car cover fits my two skis on a trailer almost perfectly. Covercraft is the brand I use to cover my garage queens when I take them out to the office or have them in the garage for an extended period of time. I just stole the one that was made for the BMW 325i and it is holding up really well - I mean for being in South Carolina in the direct sun for the last 6 mos. I can try to report back in another year to follow up.
The best jet ski cover might be a well made car cover. At 1/2 the price of two individual ski covers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts