Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backstory- my 18yo son graduated high school early in Dec. He asked to go snow skiing in Colorado (we’re in SC) with a buddy. So I took them the first week of January. He started coming down with the flu the morning we left and was pretty much bed ridden the whole week we were there. Graduation present ruined.
On Ash Wednesday, completely out of the blue, I lost my job that required me to travel 300+ days of the year. So I promised my son that we would break out the jet skis from winter storage and head to the Keys in Florida in our 25’ Sprinter RV.
Now those of you with 18 yo sons might know that NOTHING gets these guys excited that involves dad. So I was very pleased when my son agreed and we both were thinking of this as a “make up” trip for the CO debacle.
Suddenly COVID-19 has reared it’s ugly head and last night, all hotels were shut down in the Keys, camp grounds are not taking reservations. I had planned on taking the RV, because it’s diesel and tows the skis easily, has a ton of room and gives us options as to where to stay. But I had made reservations in a modest “resort” with a boat ramp on Marathon Key for a week.
Please help. If you know of a blue water, awesome jet skiing venue that we can drive to in 8-12 hours (we are near Savannah) preferably on the Gulf, my window of opportunity, job-wise, is going to close at some point in the next few weeks. My son will head off to college in the fall and will be working his ass off all summer. It seems that we really would need to go now or in the next few dif we are to do anything.
Before I get “you gotta stay home!” replies, we want to be alone, in a cabin or our RV. So that’s just as good as being at home.
Anyone have a great idea or is this just another casualty of the Chinese Virus?

TIA!

Tom on HHI

·
Super Moderator
5,059 Posts
Backstory- my 18yo son graduated high school early in Dec. He asked to go snow skiing in Colorado (we’re in SC) with a buddy. So I took them the first week of January. He started coming down with the flu the morning we left and was pretty much bed ridden the whole week we were there. Graduation present ruined.
On Ash Wednesday, completely out of the blue, I lost my job that required me to travel 300+ days of the year. So I promised my son that we would break out the jet skis from winter storage and head to the Keys in Florida in our 25’ Sprinter RV.
Now those of you with 18 yo sons might know that NOTHING gets these guys excited that involves dad. So I was very pleased when my son agreed and we both were thinking of this as a “make up” trip for the CO debacle.
Suddenly COVID-19 has reared it’s ugly head and last night, all hotels were shut down in the Keys, camp grounds are not taking reservations. I had planned on taking the RV, because it’s diesel and tows the skis easily, has a ton of room and gives us options as to where to stay. But I had made reservations in a modest “resort” with a boat ramp on Marathon Key for a week.
Please help. If you know of a blue water, awesome jet skiing venue that we can drive to in 8-12 hours (we are near Savannah) preferably on the Gulf, my window of opportunity, job-wise, is going to close at some point in the next few weeks. My son will head off to college in the fall and will be working his ass off all summer. It seems that we really would need to go now or in the next few dif we are to do anything.
Before I get “you gotta stay home!” replies, we want to be alone, in a cabin or our RV. So that’s just as good as being at home.
Anyone have a great idea or is this just another casualty of the Chinese Virus?

TIA!

Tom on HHI
Might look around Mississippi or even a lake somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts