Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my first waverunner last week, a 2013 Yamaha FZS with 54 hours on it, and was out riding all day yesterday with no issues. At the end of the day I was heading back to the pier on pretty smooth water cruising at about 55 and all of a sudden the handlebar starts pulling to the left Hard and launches me off. I ended up getting a concussion and all sorts of banged up and am really at a loss as to why this would happen. I was screwing around on it all day on some pretty good chop and never had any issues, then all of a sudden this happens and I thank god I didn't have one of my little kids on there with me. Now I'm ready to say screw it and sell it because I can't explain why it would suddenly pull to the left and I'm worried that this could happen to someone else or when the kids are on it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I bought my first waverunner last week, a 2013 Yamaha FZS with 54 hours on it, and was out riding all day yesterday with no issues. At the end of the day I was heading back to the pier on pretty smooth water cruising at about 55 and all of a sudden the handlebar starts pulling to the left Hard and launches me off. I ended up getting a concussion and all sorts of banged up and am really at a loss as to why this would happen. I was screwing around on it all day on some pretty good chop and never had any issues, then all of a sudden this happens and I thank god I didn't have one of my little kids on there with me. Now I'm ready to say screw it and sell it because I can't explain why it would suddenly pull to the left and I'm worried that this could happen to someone else or when the kids are on it. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Hate to state the most obvious, but have you verified that all the steering linkage is intact? Does this unit have any “turn-assist devices” like a 2003 Seadoo (think outboard turn assist “boards” on the back of the ski that deploy into the wake for additional drag on that side to assists in the turn). For it to throw you off, it must have been a pretty sharp/radical turn!! Other than steering or turn assist issues, I’m at a loss. Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts