Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured out how to start a new thread, finally! New here!
Looks like a great way to get info.!

I hope someone can help me. I am a novice at this but have just bought a 96 Kawa ss750 to just putter around in the bay. All seems to work fine but when flushing the cooling system today, noticed that there are some small leaks of water coming out from under the hull. I imagine I can patch these easily enough but what is leaking inside that could be allowing water to escape at all?
Would it be ok to drive it anyway?
I drove it in the water before purchasing but didn't see it run on the trailer and so I didn't see this before purchasing.

Please help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
There will be water coming from the hull at the pump area when flushing the engine. This is normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

So, it is normal to be leaking out of the hull itself? I had jet skis before and they didn't. But, thank you, will take your word for it. Nothing i can do now, but if it is ok to ride, that's great!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I figured out how to start a new thread, finally! New here!
Looks like a great way to get info.!

I hope someone can help me. I am a novice at this but have just bought a 96 Kawa ss750 to just putter around in the bay. All seems to work fine but when flushing the cooling system today, noticed that there are some small leaks of water coming out from under the hull. I imagine I can patch these easily enough but what is leaking inside that could be allowing water to escape at all?
Would it be ok to drive it anyway?
I drove it in the water before purchasing but didn't see it run on the trailer and so I didn't see this before purchasing.

Please help!

Thanks!
Another thing you can do is turn off the motor and use your hose to fill the bottom of your ski and see if there are any leaks thru the hull. But don't hose every thing down just let the hose run a bit in the ski. Don't want to get electrical parts wet. This is of course assuming you have drain plugs and can remove the water.

See Ya ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
So, it is normal to be leaking out of the hull itself? I had jet skis before and they didn't. But, thank you, will take your word for it. Nothing i can do now, but if it is ok to ride, that's great!
You might want to take a picture of the area where the water is "leaking" and post it. If its through the fiberglass then you have problems. Could be the driveshaft seal. Chances are that it is a water line and that is normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts