Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im working on my uncles ski, 2000 ish ultra 150. he had a problem with the starter being stuck on around mid summer after he put a new battery in it, was still an issue after pulling the kill switch. he did some troubleshooting and decided he needed to replace the starter. fast forward to tonight, i got the parts and got around to getting the starter and the solenoid replaced, battery hooked back up and now when i put the key on there are no lights or noises or anything. everything was working fine last year. and he had it out earlier in the summer until the battery started giving him trouble. any advice on where to start. not able to find a lot of helpful info on the kawasakis on google or youtube.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the starter got stuck on because the teeth got jammed in the flywheel is one thing, but if was stuck on due to an electrical issue, then it sounds like there was a shorted wire or short in the starter switch. It might have shorted out or burnt out something in the ignitions system too. So now that the start and battery are replaced, its dead because of a disconnect or short in the wiring system or wiring of the ignition switch or ignition system, anything the power runs thru. A tedious process to track wiring and look for failures, just take a 12V probe and start thru the system checking various places.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts