Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to purchase a new FX HO Cruiser. For the sake of keeping comparisons consistent I will ask the dealer for the best price on just the waverunner itself. What I'd like to know is what to expect in the way of discount off the MSRP, do any of you have any intel on that? Does Yamaha give its dealers additional incentives below their dealer invoice like the auto mfgrs do? Do some dealers discount and some don't? Of course I'd like to purchase it from the nearest one, which is fairly large, but it all depends.
Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yamaha runs special discounts all year long, which usually involve a choice of either an extended warranty or $$ to apply toward accessories that you purchase from the dealer. They usually don't budge much on that, but each dealership varies greatly on all the crap extra charges that they can throw on, which will increase the OTD price of the ski.

The best discounts will be on left over 2010 models (and possibly even left over 2009 models) that dealers may still have sitting around right after the new model line-up hits, which should be comming out very soon.

Look for boat shows in your area, cause sometimes the dealer will throw in a special discount if you buy at a show. Some dealers will give you a break on a trailer with the ski, etc..

Most important to shop around. There are lots of Yamaha dealers. You can expect to save hundreds, but not thousands if you shop aound and look at all the deals on the older models. Believe it or not, boat and ski sales have not been bad even with the economy. Don't expect to get any real deals on new 2011 models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts