Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a honda jetski and can't find anyone within 2 hours to dewinterize it. Does anyone know how to do it yourself?

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dewinterizing your Honda is really pretty simple, It all depends on how it was winterized! If the Engine was winterized properly you should be set to go in no time! You will have to install some fresh spark plugs, battery, I always start out the Summer with a fresh set of plugs and a new battery this will ensure a lot more hours on the water and out of the shop!You should close all of you drain ports(these will be pointed out in your owners manual)You should also give your Ski a good cleaning including the Bilge area, You should be able to dry start your Ski for about 30-40 seconds befor you Launch it into the water, Do NOT RUN FOR LONGER THAN 40 SECONDS!!!You will DAMAGE your Engine!!!! You will probably notice alot of smoke when you first start your Ski that is a good thing, you engine was probably fogged at time of winterization! If you have any questions I would be glad to help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts