Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Sounds like a fair deal price wise. Like Outlaw said, how the ski has been maintained has more impact than the hours. Fortunately, Yamaha makes pretty bulletproof skis.

If you are going to trailer the ski, I'd recommend getting an OEM cover. It fits tightly, and is designed for trailering. If you are just looking for weather protection, there are several pretty good aftermarket covers that will be cheaper than the OEM.

As far as accessories here is my list of stuff to consider: dock lines and fenders, tow line (not just for tubes and stuff....you will be surprised how many boaters need a tow), anchor (I like one like this in a lake): Jet Logic PWC Screw Anchor System - Dick's Sporting Goods, doesn't work well in sand. For the ocean, I'd recommend a small danforth type anchor or in places where there is a current. Your ski has a painted Nanoxcel hull which will scratch easily leaving white scratches in the black finish. I don't recommend beaching the ski, unless you don't care how the bottom will end up looking, so it is good to have an anchor so you can keep it a few feet off shore. A collapsible paddle may be something to consider if you ride where there are few other boaters. Spare spark plugs (Yamaha 4 strokes tend to foul plugs, but I have not heard of this as an issue on the SHO model). You already have a spark plug tool and tool to remove the ignition coils in the tool kit that comes with the ski. Small flashlight, Riding goggles/sunglasses.........be sure to get ones that float.

Enjoy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts