Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
New here on the forum. I've been riding for years. Mostly Kawasaki and SeaDoo, but am very interested in the 2015 SVHO's. Other than the staggered seat, what other differences are there between the FX Cruiser SVHO and the FX SVHO? And is the Cruiser worth another $700? Thanks!

JohnnMac

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the site. All the dimensions and specs are available on the yamaha site, but if you would rather take my word for it here is the highlights.
The engine, pump, intake grate and nozzle are the same. The cruiser is a few pounds heavier and has a few more bells and whistles like water and air temp., compass etc.
I'm not sure but I think the cruiser may be a few inches longer. Like I said, check the waverunner site.
I went with the 2015 FX SVHO and love it. Plenty of room on this seat and who needs a thermometer.
Have a great summer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site. All the dimensions and specs are available on the yamaha site, but if you would rather take my word for it here is the highlights.
The engine, pump, intake grate and nozzle are the same. The cruiser is a few pounds heavier and has a few more bells and whistles like water and air temp., compass etc.
I'm not sure but I think the cruiser may be a few inches longer. Like I said, check the waverunner site.
I went with the 2015 FX SVHO and love it. Plenty of room on this seat and who needs a thermometer.
Have a great summer!
Thank you kindly. I did look at the Yamaha site and both of the runners are nearly identical. Same size, dimensions, etc. The Cruiser does weigh 3lbs more. I found the stadium seat, pull-up cleats and a couple other gauges, but I guess I just figured there must be more to it. Apparently not huh? Seems like the FX is the way to go to me. I think that stadium seat would make it difficult to slide back and forth as your changing positions for speed runs or tight corners etc. Thanks again for the response. You have a great summer as well!

·
Registered
16 Posts
CONGRATS JohnnyMac

The more you ride it the more you'll like it. Got 46 hrs. on mine already and totally pleased.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went with the cruiser svsho, love it also. You can't go wrong with either one. Coming from a RXT supercharged, this thing would eat it up...love it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went with the FX Cruiser HO. It was for my wife and I knew she would never appreciate the speed of a supercharger. The cruiser seat is what she wanted and it will do 65MPH which is more than fast enough for her.

The weight difference is mostly in the cruiser seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know I am going to be bash hard for saying this!!!! I was on "glass" water when I opened it up and it when 74 mph when I let off. It was still accelerating, felt like it was going to go faster but I was running out of room so I had to slow down. Didn't look at tach to see if I was out of revs, since I was so surprised at the speed, and I know it wasn't GPS, so please don't bash or kick me around. I will GPS it one day,
My son Seadoo runs 72 and I walked away like he was not even there. I love this ski.
Handles well, very comfy, lots of storage room. I didn't buy it to speed,well maybe once in a while, over 35-40, so not worried tooo much about top end unless its maybe just me...and it is "playtime"...lol.. but it is a rocket for a stock ski....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you kindly. I did look at the Yamaha site and both of the runners are nearly identical. Same size, dimensions, etc. The Cruiser does weigh 3lbs more. I found the stadium seat, pull-up cleats and a couple other gauges, but I guess I just figured there must be more to it. Apparently not huh? Seems like the FX is the way to go to me. I think that stadium seat would make it difficult to slide back and forth as your changing positions for speed runs or tight corners etc. Thanks again for the response. You have a great summer as well!
I'm looking to get an FX and was debating between the standard (flat) seat and the cruiser stadium seat. I had your same concern about not being able to move around on the cruiser seat if I wanted. Have any of you guys tried out both seats? I'd love to hear your opinions or the pros/cons of either seat. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts