Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2009 VX Cruiser, took out to the lake today for the first time and it was great but a little slow. I noticed that there was an orange light on next to "L Mode". I called the previous owner and he told me that in order to get it off of L mode I need some kind of remote that he doesn't have.
I searched for the remote online and it seems like they cost around $100 plus then you have to take it to the stealership to get it programmed. Is there any way to bypass this or even take the modue off so I can use my ski at all of its potential?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Unfortunately, the answer is no. That feature is part of the security system, so there is no known work around.........believe me others have tried. If you remove the remote module in the ski, you may not even be able to start it.

You need to buy a remote and let the dealer program the ski to that remote, or you could let the dealer use a remote off another one of their skis to un lock the "L" mode, then do without the remote. I recommend getting your own remote. You will need it again in the future.

Also, be sure to take proof of ownership with you to the dealer (title, bill of sale etc.). If the dealership does their job, they are supposed to have proof of ownership before they program a remote. This prevents a thief form being able to unlock a stolen ski.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, the answer is no. That feature is part of the security system, so there is no known work around.........believe me others have tried. If you remove the remote module in the ski, you may not even be able to start it.

You need to buy a remote and let the dealer program the ski to that remote, or you could let the dealer use a remote off another one of their skis to un lock the "L" mode, then do without the remote. I recommend getting your own remote. You will need it again in the future.

Also, be sure to take proof of ownership with you to the dealer (title, bill of sale etc.). If the dealership does their job, they are supposed to have proof of ownership before they program a remote. This prevents a thief form being able to unlock a stolen ski.
Thank you very much for your response
Do you have any idea how much the dealership would charge for programming the remote?

·
Registered
15 Posts
dealer is charging me $250 for my first 10-hour oil change on my VXS, so go figure... they'll likely charge some outrageous price to program that keyfob.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My keyfob makes me nervous, wish there was a override inside somewhere that would just make it harder to get too quick. I would hate to lock it when in a remote area and loose the damn thing or have it not want to unlock for any reason. For that reason I do not even use it sometimes when I should, like eating at a waterside restaurant or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need the Security System Remote Control for this..There are two operation modes in the unlock mode of the Yamaha Security System: the normal mode and the low RPM mode. The Normal mode and low-RPM mode can only be selected when the engine is stopped in the unlock mode. Press the unlock botton on hte remote control transmiter for more than 4 seconds to switch between the normal mode and the low RPM mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts