Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for stupid question I 've just got Ultra 150 year 2002. Its stop button not always works I undesratand that but here is general question -- when Idling is propeller turning or there is some kind of klutch??

thank you!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Dude no clutch

Sorry for stupid question I 've just got Ultra 150 year 2002. Its stop button not always works I undesratand that but here is general question -- when Idling is propeller turning or there is some kind of klutch??

thank you!!
You have a forward neutral and reverse lever on your ski. That is how you control it at an idle, the stop button is not brakes it turns off the motor.

:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a forward neutral and reverse lever on your ski. That is how you control it at an idle, the stop button is not brakes it turns off the motor.

:confused:
Sorry again I have Kawasaki Ultra 150, there is no lever,

I have START(green) button, STOP(red)button, yellow +/- swich -- TRIM.

On the right hand I have accelerator lever.

Thats all.

I beleive when the accelerator is not pressed the
jet ski should not move, but mine slowly moves. I think it depends on the idle RPM.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm not sure about where your shifter is on a Kawasaki. But look next to your gas tank on both sides. That is where it is on Seadoo and Yamaha, you have to have one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, the Ultra 150 doesn't have neutral or reverse, only forward and it will idle forward at 2-4mph with the idle set correctly. The stop button turns the jet ski off by killing the ignition. Are you saying it not always turns it off? You may need to take the switch apart and clean your contacts. does the lanyard cut the ski off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts