Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm a noob and i have some questions.
i bought 2 waverunners and a double trailer for them. I am worried about launching them, 1 seems straight forward, but what do you guys do when launching 2? launch at the same time? or 1 at a time? I think i can handle them both at once (hanging on to 2 lines) but my boyfriend thinks they have to be launched one at a time.

Also can i tow with just 1 ski on the back?

Thanks
Kris

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If there is 1 person per ski: Get the skis ready to launch (remove straps, close drains, etc). Put 1 person on ski which is on the outside of the dock/pier. Back down ramp with person on ski. Person driving tow vehicle unhooks wench strap from ski with person on it and that ski can be started and backed off trailer by person on ski (assume that you have reverse). Tow vehicle driver unhooks second ski with bow line attached and hooks ski to dock/pier then parks tow vehicle and trailer. Unfortunately tow vehicle driver will get wet this way, but it is fastest method.

Second option is to have ski driver pull 1st ski off to dock and tie it off then come back and get on second ski and back it off as they did the first. Tow vehicle driver parks and then comes back and get on docked ski. Now ride into sunset with smile on face.

It is really easy if you have 3 riders then you can put 1 person on each ski to back them off. Not hard because my 12 year old nephew can do it.

You can tow with just one ski, but I wouldn't recommend doing it super long distances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts