Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 1996 Kawasaki STS 750 and after I filled up with gas at the lake marina today my engine light came on. I noticed that there was no water coming from the water outlet on the right side of the hull and assumed that the engine was getting hot. I immediately shut it down. Waited a few minutes, started it up and the light came on again. I was towed back to shore. I don't know if I picked up some weeds or not as this is my first season with the jet ski. I have had it out several times with no issues this season. I have been reading about flushing out the bilge and engine. Is there a particular procedure to do this? How would I know if I picked up anything in the lake that would have clogged things up? In addition my oil light came on as if I had no oil in the tank but it was actually 3/4 full. Any assistance or troubleshooting advice on either issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
You should have a Flush T on the top of the engine to plug a water hose to, so that you can flush out the engine. I would also look back in the prop area, and make sure that all your hoses are connected from the pump that feed back into the ski, could be as simple as a hose comming undone. check to make sure this isn't anything blocked also inside the pump area, if you look into the nozzel on the right side you will see a hole where the pressure feeds the hose that cools the engine, make sure its clear. Make sure you have the engine running FIRST before turning on the water to flush. Also check all your hoses inside the engine compartment, make sure one of them have not come undone, with the age of the ski this can be a possiblility . Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your suggestions. If for some reason after I flush the system I still see no water flowing from the bypass outlet near the front of the ski, can I use compressed air to blow out the lines? or can it be something else?

Thanks Phil

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes you can used compressed air, just be a little careful when doing so, if you use to much pressure it could cause to much pressure in the case and mess with the reed basket.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Still take time to look around and see if their was a abstruction, you don't want to get it out to the lake and find it not working, just to be safe, would be nice to know what caused it not to flow. Have fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts