Personal Water Craft Forum banner

Engine Replacement - 2007 Aquatrax F12

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  spdbk1 
#1 ·
My F12 blew a piston out the side of the crankcase so I was thinking I‘d just rebuild it replacing the damaged parts. In my search I found a used 2002 F12x engine. I was wondering if I could strip the exterior components off of the F12x engine and use my F12 intake, exhaust, etc. to set it up as a standard F12. Will this work or are the internal components (pistons, valves, tolerences, etc.) different to the point it won’t function naturally aspirated. Thanks for your help. :)

#3 ·
Thanks skidoc for replying and sorry about my tardy reply to you. I looked further into the differences between the naturally aspirated (NA) and the turbo Aquatrax engines. I found that the base compression ratio on the turbos is much lower than the NA. I suppose this is due to the turbo raising the compression with compressed air. That would also explain the lack of power when one of these turbos lock up. In any case, I've abandoned the idea of using a turbo block and heads. I'm now waiting for a used NA engine or a wrecked NA jetski to eventually show up for sale. I'm open to any other suggestions you might have. Thanks again for your reply. :)

#4 ·
Thanks skidoc for replying and sorry about my tardy reply to you. I looked further into the differences between the naturally aspirated (NA) and the turbo Aquatrax engines. I found that the base compression ratio on the turbos is much lower than the NA. I suppose this is due to the turbo raising the compression with compressed air. That would also explain the lack of power when one of these turbos lock up. In any case, I've abandoned the idea of using a turbo block and heads. I'm now waiting for a used NA engine or a wrecked NA jetski to eventually show up for sale. I'm open to any other suggestions you might have. Thanks again for your reply. :)hi if ur still in need of na motor plese call me 949 683 3120

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.