Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 SeeDoo Bombardier Jet Ski - Was running fine and all of a sudden it stopped. Can not restart. Checked plugs and saw spark when turning over engine. With plugs removed turned over engine and felt compression from both spark plug holes.
Question - Does this jet ski have a fuel pump ? Can it be checked ?
Is it difficult to replace? Could it be something else ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree

Hi, I'm also new to this forum and I'm finding very little activity on it. I guess everyone is out enjoying their pwcs.. Anyways, I had a similar problem although my sons didn't just stop. It was running fine, left it at the dock for about a week and when he went to use it again, it wouldn't start. Again, it was running supper for a few weeks, starting right up. At this point she wouldn't even turn over, so thought it was the battery, replaced it. It had good spark, but I did notice that the plugs were soaked. Gas/oil, and WATER!!.. You can't compress water with a piston. Anyway, I followed another post's suggestion and turned it over with out the plugs to clean all the water out. put the plugs back in got a back fire and more water. Then after cleaning it out the 2nd time, she fired right up. Don't know if you have similar problems. Also I have no idea on what caused the water to get in the motor. My son swears he didn't flood it.. So we'll see where it goes and keep our eyes out for this problem again.

I've also attempted to get a response back for what might have caused this problem, but I got no responses.

For information on where parts are located on your pwc, a local dealer in Maine has a good parts finder.. Here is the link.

Standish, Maine, Crest, Lund, Sea-Doo, Boats, Watercraft, Dealer, Used, Parts, Accessories, Apparel, Financing, Service

Good Luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
problems

Sorry your having grief with yours, join the club! I had just replaced one of my ski's engines, brand new, just finished break-in, got halfway into the second tank of gas and the flywheel let loose one of the magnets, ripped out the stator (part of the charging/ignition system behind the flywheel) anyway, fixed the flywheel problem but the shop that did the engine work, gave me an entirely new engine when it came back, so, I had to do the break-in all over again. well, I didn't get very far, the engine seized after an hour of run time. talk about bad luck.
I would say, if you are at least getting spark, you need to do a compression check, the tool is inexpensive and easy to use, just remove bothe spark plugs and install the hose into the spark plug hole, ground both plug wires(safety) and crank the engine until the pressure gauge stops, you are looking for 140/150 psi (good average number) if the compression is okay, you need to verify the timing, it's possible you sheared a woodruff key in the flywheel, hard to say for sure. there are many video's on SBT's website that can answer many questions, here's a link, perhaps this will get you going in the right direction.
Hope this helps!
Ben
SBT Videos - Forums

here's a link to the technical questions part:
Technical Articles / F.A.Q. - Forums

·
Registered
12 Posts
water in cylinder

Hi, I'm also new to this forum and I'm finding very little activity on it. I guess everyone is out enjoying their pwcs.. Anyways, I had a similar problem although my sons didn't just stop. It was running fine, left it at the dock for about a week and when he went to use it again, it wouldn't start. Again, it was running supper for a few weeks, starting right up. At this point she wouldn't even turn over, so thought it was the battery, replaced it. It had good spark, but I did notice that the plugs were soaked. Gas/oil, and WATER!!.. You can't compress water with a piston. Anyway, I followed another post's suggestion and turned it over with out the plugs to clean all the water out. put the plugs back in got a back fire and more water. Then after cleaning it out the 2nd time, she fired right up. Don't know if you have similar problems. Also I have no idea on what caused the water to get in the motor. My son swears he didn't flood it.. So we'll see where it goes and keep our eyes out for this problem again.

I've also attempted to get a response back for what might have caused this problem, but I got no responses.

For information on where parts are located on your pwc, a local dealer in Maine has a good parts finder.. Here is the link.

Standish, Maine, Crest, Lund, Sea-Doo, Boats, Watercraft, Dealer, Used, Parts, Accessories, Apparel, Financing, Service

Good Luck.
Sorry I overlooked your post,
Be careful of running an engine after having water in the cylinders! maybe squirt some WD40 in there after blowing them out first, then crank it over to expell the WD40, reason I say this is, the water will "wash" the oil film off the piston skirt/cylinder wall,causing it to scor(Metal on metal), bad thing, this happened to me also. if the ski had sat for some time, the o'rings might have leaked water into the cylinders causing your head aches, also, if your using the garden hose to run the ski on, make sure it just flows enough to get a small stream out of the engine, not full blast, that can back up water in your exhaust manifold causing even more problems.
Hope this helps.
Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts