Personal Water Craft Forum banner

engine swap polaris sl750

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  craig connolly 
#1 ·
I just bought a Polaris SL750 and realized that the #1 piston has a hole in the middle. I want to replace the engine and would like to know how hard it is to do it. And can I pull the engine out without a hoist. And what the procedure is to do this job.
Thanks!

#2 ·
You could replace 1 piston with engine still in the craft.Make sure you clean out the crankcases real good,debri will damage the crank bearings and that is a much larger job.You should rebuild the carbs/fuel system.Probably the reason it burnt the piston. Visit greenhulk.net for Polaris help/used parts/info.(largest Polaris community on the web)

#3 ·
FYI, you never ever never replace just one piston you will have an explosion no matter how good it may look! TRUST ME! Also you do not have to pull the engine to do the upper cylinders, You can do it in the craft as advised befor, make sure you find the reason it had a problem to begin with, probably fuel starvation!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.