Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help. My son's '98 770 won't start. It will turnover normally for a few seconds, but then it it will continue to turn over but much slower, not fast enough to catch and start. The same thing has happened with two batteries, one being brand new. Cables are good and tight. So, battery is good, cables are good, engine turns normally at beginning of starting process then turns too slowly.

How should I troubleshoot? Do I need to buy a new starter as a next step?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for help. My son's '98 770 won't start. It will turnover normally for a few seconds, but then it it will continue to turn over but much slower, not fast enough to catch and start. The same thing has happened with two batteries, one being brand new. Cables are good and tight. So, battery is good, cables are good, engine turns normally at beginning of starting process then turns too slowly.

How should I troubleshoot? Do I need to buy a new starter as a next step?
Yes, check your starter, usually the brush will overtime worn-out. I suggest you replace it. Had that issue with my motor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, check your starter, usually the brush will overtime worn-out. I suggest you replace it. Had that issue with my motor.
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. To change the starter did you have to remove a lot of things to get to it? Or were you able to get to it without removing anything else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts