Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Honda F12X (turbo) with a rebuilt engine. It starts well and revs on the trailer but in the water, with a load, it will only rev to about 3700 rpm. I checked the ignition timing, cam timing and throttle opening and I can't find the problem. Help. The engine feels like it's in a "limp" mode but the info I have doesn't say what to do about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New info. I made a cap to plug the turbo outlet and put a gauge on it. With the engine running, I get no pressure from the turbo. I assume this means that I have no turbo output pressure and the reason that the unit won't rev in the water is that the turbo isn't putting out. I believe I'm checking it right, now I have to come up with a way to insure that the waste gate is closed. Anyone know of a good way to check that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you cap the turbo it can't boost the intake, so the exhaust won't be great enough get a reading. check intake manifold psi. also check popoff valve or waste-gate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ours had sunk so the problem turned out to be a combination of things. First, the injectors had gotten wet and were rusted so they had to be replaced. Also, it had been so long that we were working on the problem (several months) that the gas had gone bad. We replaced the bad gas and now the ski runs well. Now it quickly overheats. It probably was a problem before but it never ran long enough to find out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts