Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was out riding mi Stxr this weekend just doing some test,,, i noticed that she wasn't reving out completely i had the throttle squeezed all the way but no matter what the craft wasnt goin anywhere, So i thought it might have been something sucked up in the impeller. So i checked it out and it wasnt anything. so i continued to run it like this thinking that the problem would have worked it self out. Then all of a sudden i heard a loud bang and i started to hear something being burned to a chrisp....The eingine sounded like i had taken off the muffler and the engine room was full of smoke... Took her back in to the shore and found i that i but a hole in the bottom of the Engine BLock...

Anyways so now i am looking for a solution, I am planning to put back an engine in it but i have no idea what to look or ask for.... do i have to buy back a whole engine? or just the bottom parts that have a hole.... If i do have to buy back an engine doesnt it make sence just to get a engine thats bored and ported? If i have to get a new engine i want it to be fully modified, for limited/superstock racing ,, is there any company or person that can build me an engine 4 me? Any information would be great Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you have blown the engine and put a hole in it then your likely to have damaged more than just the motor, the motor either was sucking in to much or not enough water n air or the wrong oil was being used.
Best bet if you want it fixed, look up in google 'Jet Ski Dealers In (your state)" - find an authorised dealer for a new motor, ebay for a 2nd hand motor (dont know what your gettn though) or best bet, find a small mechanic n get them to fix it up as much as they can and sell it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually plannig to buy a new motor, Fully race moddified... But i'm still in the research stage on who can do it .... The only problem I have is that i Live in the Cayman Islands So if i want any thing at all it has to be shipped here so i am now trying to find someone that can build and ship one out too me

Any input would be great thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ditto, try Group K, thats exactly what they do! Your engine died becuase of it overheated. It either overheated from a lack of coolant flow or improper lubrication. The water flow probably isn't the problem, it never usually is if you have to ski in the water.

From what you described, it sounds to me like your engine began to sieze while you were riding and then it locked a piston and blew a rod through the bottom of the case. This is usually cause by a lack of oil or an air leak. Is this ski still oil-injected? are the carbs regularly cleaned? There are several things that need to be checked prior to installing a new engine or you'll very likely blow that one as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts