Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Error Code 63 - FXHO 2007
While towing a wakeboard in shallow water the engine alarm went off - power was limited and the iddle was spinning at around 4K RPM.

Took the ski to a mechanic - error code 63 - he exchanged the TPS sensor, but the problem persists.

It iddles at various speeds on its own and then the engine warning will come on.

I then took it to the local Yamaha dealership - they are telling me that I need to exchange the entire Throttle Body Assembly for a final price of around $3K.

There is nothing visually wrong with the assembly.

Can anyone help pinpoint some other options or possible causes / solutions other than spending the $3K?

Thank you for all the help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve been having the same issue for about 2 years now and cannot figure it out. Can anyone help me?

I just changed plugs, fresh oil and filter this weekend. I removed engine cover and took a ride to verify throttle bodies were not sticking open. The only way to really duplicate this issue was to shut ski off and back on. RPMS jump to around 4,000 and below followed by warning light and alarm. I have checked vacuum lines again and everything is secure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts