Personal Water Craft Forum banner

EX vs VX in rough water, any real difference?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ishkrbibbl 
#1 ·
Bought an 19 EX Deluxe and then got diagnosed with disc problems. Beats the s@#$ out of my back in rough water.
Found a deal on a 17 VX Deluxe, at least I think it’s a deal, what would y’all expect for 25 hr boat?
BUT, would it be a better ride in rougher water?
Thinking of making the change, just not sure I can afford the FX but assume with displacement that it’s probably best?
Thoughts, experiences?

#2 ·
OP, I am totally spitballing here: I have two 2019 VX Cruisers and my understanding between VX and EX is that there's about a 100 lbs difference in weight ~580 vs ~680) - which is where the additional comfort is going to come into play. The FX is another 200 lbs, and that's really going to make a difference.

However, if you have a bad back... jet skiing may be a sub-optimal choice for your extracurricular activities. YMMV.

#3 ·
OP, I am totally spitballing here: I have two 2019 VX Cruisers and my understanding between VX and EX is that there's about a 100 lbs difference in weight ~580 vs ~680) - which is where the additional comfort is going to come into play. The FX is another 200 lbs, and that's really going to make a difference.

However, if you have a bad back... jet skiing may be a sub-optimal choice for your extracurricular activities. YMMV.

I think you may be right about my new found hobby...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.