Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i just got a 2000 Kawasaki zxi 1100 and had it checked over by a mechanic. now he tells me that i have an exause leak due to some tube or pipe i dont know which one but its gona cost me 175 to get it done, parts and labor. i didnt have him fix it cause he dosent have the part and im not about to drive 3 hours back his way to get it fixed when i need it Wednesday.

so two questions...
1 Cant it run while it has this leak or will it leave me stranded somewhere?
2 How quickly can a shop get it done? ill have maybe 3 hours till im suposed to be on the water.

.... if its not on the water i get pulled behind a boat with a wake board... to me thats not much fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Exhaust air back into the motor can shut it down. It needs oxygen to complete the combustion process. Although you may be able to run it with a small leak I would not reccomend it. It will also raise the temperature in your engine compartment considerably.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i got it out on the lake found the leak and taped it up real good fixing the leak, against all other advice just how i am. it ran fantastically! now i have the proper part on there but just had to make sure the ski ran. thanks for the input jmkratz18

1 - 3 of 3 Posts