Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving our 1996 SeaDoo SPX yesterday and came to a stop to chat with me. When she tried to take off again, the jetski would not rev up and could only go approx 10 mph. It had extreme vibration when trying to rev it up and the machine just would not go.

I'm new to the sport, recently purchased the 1996 for my wife to use and I purchased a used 97 for myself. Intend to upgrade to newer ones, but my wife and I wanted to confirm we enjoyed the sport, which we do... Love it. But wish I knew more what to do in these type of situations.

Any help would be appreciated. My closest dealer is 90 miles away and would like to understand if there is something I can check out myself.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Check the motor mounts, and then look where the motor couples to the drive shaft. I broke some mounts once and the motor shifted. Look at the prop, she may just have sucked something up into there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe it.. But it was the plugs. I replaced both and it runs like brand new. Wow, do I feel stupid. Never would have guessed that it would suddenly act the way it did because of a plug or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts