Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to sell my 96 Monte Carlo 900. I bought it from my friend about 5 years ago. He had problems with it over heating and was moving from his house by the water and had no time for it/trailer. I got it from him and ripped it apart finding the fresh water feed screen collapsed and sand debris entered the motor clogging the passage ways. I disassembled the entire engine, boiled it out, and re-assembled the engine.

While this was being done I replaced the following parts: All 3 cylinders( due to corsion), pistons and rings, the exhaust manifold elbow, expansion chamber, gaskets, O-rings (all parts direct form tigershark/Artic Cat), and new hardware including new head studs by ARP. Reinstalled it back into the ski and got it running. I put in an aftermarket screen that is more secure than that crap factory one. Inlet grate (Tigershark) and bilge pump.

I finally got it out and running last year 09, I had it out about 4-5 times. I installed an hour meter once the engine went back in. It has right around 5.5 hours on it. I had it out this weekend 9-5-10 for the first time this year. I'm looking to sell it to get a boat. At the end of last year I also replace the steering cable, wear ring, and handle bar grips. I don't feel it needs anything right now. I also removed the exhaust temp switch probe cause it was bad, a new one cost I think $200-300, so I put in an aftermarket water temp gauge to monitor the temp and a volt gauge too. Both are from Autometer.

The hull is in pretty good shape, has a few scratches and a small "sand rash" spot and a couple of chips in the side/bottom of gel coat. Ski runs great. See pics. Ask Questions. Looking to get $2400 for the ski only O.B.O, no trailer. The parts alone were right around that + the ski its self. I have all receipts for the above parts mentioned I you want the trailer I will cost $550. more. It is kind of brand new, in the water about 6-7 times. Yes both ski and trailer are hosed and washed down after every use. The only thing it need right now, due to I removed them this weekend are the side foot pads, they were getting old and sticky.

On L.I. in NY, Westbury

Here are some pics, I will post more this week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts