Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have recently bought a leftover 2006 f12x.

I am thinking about adding a rear boarding step to make it easier for my daughter and wife to board. Does anybody have experience with these?

Do these steps just bolt on? Or do they somehow anchor into the fiberglass hull.

How strong is the mounting area? I want to make sure if a really heavy person used this step that they are not going to rip it out of my ski.

any advice will be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the step on my GPScape & it holds me no problem. They bolt through the double hull, so are very strong. I don't know how easy it will be to install if you decide to do it yourself (might be a little cramped in there), but it will definitely make it easier to re-board.

I've been told that they just bolt up with 4 bolts & silicone-very easy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a '05 F-12X and I love my step. I installed it myself, it took about 5 min.

There are 4 plastic caps on mine I pop out, put some lock on the bolt threads and install step.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Aqua Step

I just (yesterday) put the Aqua Step brand on my R-12X. It was a little bit of a struggle trying to get it lined up the first time and a bit of reluctance on drilling holes into the hull of my PWC, but in the end it seems to work just fine. This one says it doesn't require back up nuts on the inside of the hull, but if I ever have the back end of the ski apart, I will replace the screws with bolts, washers and nuts.

RR....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a '05 F-12X and I love my step. I installed it myself, it took about 5 min.

There are 4 plastic caps on mine I pop out, put some lock on the bolt threads and install step.

Thanks!!!
What brand did you buy, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My step also aqua step( I think) from Honda. Like I said on mine, the holes were already there, just had to remove caps or plugs and install step. I got my step on sale for about $120. I think they usually go for around $180, not sure

·
Registered
4 Posts
F-12X boarding step

I've been thinking about this as well.
Since they are standard on the GPScape, the holes are already there on the F-12X. I'm thinking I would buy the factory step it's not much more. I've found it for $144 plus shipping.

I would interested also to hear from anyone who has installed the factory step on the F-12.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts