Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with my honda 03 F12X turbo. The rpms have dropped to 5600 and the top speed has dropped from 61-63 to 56mph .I took it to the honda shop and they said it was to much oil in the engine .I got them to change the oil and filter , I changed the spark plugs ,and added sea foam to the gas ,and still running like crap. It also skips when idling and acts like it is running on three cylinders. I have two of the these and the other one will blow it off the water . The ski has 160 hours on it . Also have sprayed the waste gate with crc,and has never been in salt water. Any help would be appreciated .thanks,Larry

·
Registered
8 Posts
i also have an 03 f12x the other day the same thing happened to me as well. i didnt understand it. so i turned it off the fired it back up and cruised around for like 20 minutes with out florin' it. then i gave it some juice and it was back to normal. it has now been fine for weeks. i dont know what the problem is, but try doing what i did. maybe something with the turbo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Larry,

Check plug wires...I believe you have a bad plug wire. Had similar experience and was an easy fix. Also, if the dealer changed your oil...check it again. Mine was "professionally changed" with 7 quarts of oil in it and ran like crap after getting back! Obviously they didn't know what they were doing. Check it cold, level and use the dipstick from top to measure from bottom oil plug.

Hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts