Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also posted this on the general forum but I thought I,d try getting a second opinion here. I just bought my first Jet Ski, a Kawaski ultra 150. When I took it out the first time the water plug on top of the engine was missing and it filled up with water. I took it out and drained all the water and went home for the day and started it at home a couple times for about 5 seconds. The next time I took it out to the lake I got it started but it ran like crap and it was kind of smokey in the engine compartment. It ran like it was flooded or missing or something. What damage may I have done and what suggestions do you have that I might try to get it running. Thanks alot for your help!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also posted this on the general forum but I thought I,d try getting a second opinion here. I just bought my first Jet Ski, a Kawaski ultra 150. When I took it out the first time the water plug on top of the engine was missing and it filled up with water. I took it out and drained all the water and went home for the day and started it at home a couple times for about 5 seconds. The next time I took it out to the lake I got it started but it ran like crap and it was kind of smokey in the engine compartment. It ran like it was flooded or missing or something. What damage may I have done and what suggestions do you have that I might try to get it running. Thanks alot for your help!!!
What water plug are you talking about?

Have you checked your oil to see if there is water in the engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aww man, that sucks, you should probably just buy a nre jetski from PowerSports360.com - Covering All Your Power Sports Needs. Na, jsut kidding. But you need to make sure that you have all the water out of the ski. Take out all the plugs and let the engine keep cranking to air everything out. After that spray some foggin oil in there to make sure it is still lubricated. Then run it one time. THe next time you run it change the spark plugs. If it is still not running right you will need to dig a little deeper, and that could get ugly. If you need anything, call the guys from PowerSports360.com - Covering All Your Power Sports Needs they are good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts