Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;

It seems the Fire Extinguisher under my seat is useless for a fire on my own ski. I think I would spend my time getting away from the ski, not playing in the fire. (I would, of course, help a friend out!)
I've started to build an automatic halon system for my SHO. Anyone think this is worth the trouble, or should I just bail and collect the insurance?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hello;

It seems the Fire Extinguisher under my seat is useless for a fire on my own ski. I think I would spend my time getting away from the ski, not playing in the fire. (I would, of course, help a friend out!)
I've started to build an automatic halon system for my SHO. Anyone think this is worth the trouble, or should I just bail and collect the insurance?
Depends on the cost factor. What kind of ski do you own where they store the fire extinguisher under the seat???? That is about stupid . On my Seadoos they are in the storage compartments and easy to reach.:confused:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yea, I've never quiet understood the fire extinguiser location on the Yamahas, unless it is there for a fire when you are filling up, etc., since you have to take the seats off to see when the tank is full. It does give the boat police someting to check when they stop you.:rolleyes:

I've never seen a PWC fire, but I've seen a boat burn..........not pretty.

I'd say you are probably wasting your time and money on an automated system. I'd invest in some insurance instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, it's an 09 Yamaha SHO, and the can is under the rear seat. You're all right, Not a good location in a fire!
Cost, well it's probably more than most would consider, but since I've got some design experience it could be worse. I thought, (mistake) it might make a decent product, but even if it worked out at $150 there are better things to add to the ski.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts