Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm going out this saturday with my new honda aquatrax for it's first trip. What I wanted to know was your opinions on launching, if I should reverse it off the trailer by myself or have someone push me off and then reverse. Also, my title hasn't come in the mail yet so it's not registered, but my dealer told me I could just put one of the papers they gave me in the glove box and I should be fine. I don't know which paper it was so does anyone have any ideas on which I should take? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If you have a helper, put them on the ski while you back down the ramp (they can help guide). You should back in far enough that the ski is floating and just secured with the wench strap (unless you have a very shallow ramp). You unhook the strap and let your helper start the ski and dock it while you park the tow vehicle.

If you are by yourself, you are going to get wet. You have to tie a rope to the bow eye, unhook the wench strap and guide the ski off the trailer and tie it to the dock, then move your vehicle. If you are alone there is no good way to unhook it and then mount the ski and drive it to the dock, but I guess it could be done.

If the back of the ski is not floating, you will have a hard time getting it off the trailer (Usually the trailer tires will be covered). Bunk slides are what I recommend if you have to use a shallow ramp where you can't get deep enough to float the ski.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts