Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WRA700AV

Hey Hey just picked up a waverunner from a guy because hes moving he let it go, with trailer, for ahundred bucks. Pretty sweet deal but the jetski needs....some TLC.

I dont know where to start with it. It sat awhile so i guess ill dump the fueltank, change the fuel filter, hook up the hose and fire er up.

Any tips too look for would be great or info and specs about Im having trouble finding info on this specific model i dont even know the year but i guess 95-97.

Thanks! Happy to be here this forum seems great

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Looks to be a 93/94. Easy way to tell. The second pic of the rear I can see the HIN tag on that rear step. The last 2 digits are the year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dave if thats the case it seems to read xxxx1990

What do you think of these make/model?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jet,
I have 2 very similar ski's. A 93/94 vxr pro w/701 motor. They are very fun beginner ski fun to ride and do flat spins on. They have a flat bottom so spinning them is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Mine do about 40 mph with pretty much stock motor and blueprinted pump and solas Impeller.

Part are easy to find on eBay or at Babbittsonline and partzilla.

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
Put a couple of table spoons of 2 stroke oil in the cyl's to coat everything. Carb rebuild, compression test, and oil injection lines should be first and foremost on the list.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Rods is on top of it for where to start. After cleaning fuel tank. I would also recommend turning it over by hand from the rear coupling a few times before trying with the starter. Easiest to do with plugs out of coarse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
should i start a new thread for this?

the oil tank was removed i assume they've just been running mix in the gas tank so no oil injection lines. i would like to go back to that it seems like less of a hassle than premixing myself.

the plugs are new and then engine itself looks good and turns over easily by hand with plugs out. i put a small amount of oil in the plug holes.

i have the battery on a charger i may need to replace, tho, it seems to be charging.

havent touched the carb.

Is there a way to separate the hull from the top to make all this more accesible? it looks like the bumber screws hold it together but idk if its sealed all the way around as well.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ya take it over to Yamaha thread.

No way to separate the upper/lower half. Correction it is possible but truly there epoxied together and very difficult to separate and not recommend.

The oil injection does make life easier. But without all the parts it will be expensive to replace everything. You may able to piece meal it in used parts off eBay. That would save some over new parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts