Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  christianb28 
#1 ·
If you saw my introduction post, you know I am a teenager that considers himself very comfortable with boating and jetskis. However, I don’t know much about models and specs and such. I want to get my own PWC, but am not sure which one. I want one thats fun and cheap (preferably under $8k). As a minimum wage young worker, these are obviously my main concerns. I’ve been looking at the new Sea Doo Spark Trixx, but my problem is that it looks far too light. As much as I want to have fun and do tricks a lot, I want to be able to cruise sometimes, and I feel like with the Spark Trixx, it’s too light to cruise when you want to. It looks like if you turn the handles just a little bit it starts to bounce back and forth. My main questions are 1) Is this true about the Spark Trixx? Is a just a bouncy bundle of fun, or can you just weigh down and relax at high speeds? 2) If yes, what other options do I have for an affordable but fun PWC?

#2 ·
I went in blind when I bought 2, STX160 and STX160LX. I was looking at all brand and getting in for cheap but in July, stocks were limited to sold out at every dealer and most were charging full price or over MSRP. Turns out that the STX160 motor is very reliable, they are Fairly heavy ski for riding the in the ocean and cost per HP is best in class. In any case, what body of water will you be riding? Passenger or solo? Long distance cruising? Cruise control comes in handy. This may help others point you in the right direction. Seasons ending so you may find a used ski with some warranty remaining.

#3 ·
I'll most likely be riding in the Gulf and in lakes. I live in Florida so it's most accessible. I'll be riding solo because I'm the type that likes to hoon around. Most likely not long distance, but probably every now and then because that's what my uncle does.
Sorry for the late response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.