Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to look at our first ever set of Jetski's this weekend. A 2000 GP800 and XL800 both with under 65 hours on them. Our plan is to take them on a Florida trip in a few weeks and run them in the ocean while we're there. As a (soon to be) new jetski owner, I'm wondering what daily after-ride maintenance I should be taking care of when we're done riding in fresh water and especially what we need to do after taking them in the saltwater.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
after fresh water runs flush with hose connection flush kit for about 15 minutes at idle, then shut water flow off and gun motor several times for a bout 15 seconds and shut the motor off.

For salt water trips be prepared ! Saltaway is a product that flushes the salt from your motor and other parts a must for after this trip and try to do it after every event in salt water. Right after ! Not hours after or days after - Right after. Lots of CRC spray or WD 40 for a cheap sub. Spray the snot out of it in the engine compartment. lube cables too.

Should be good to go if the ski's are. Take extra plugs and a torque wrench.

Sink_Sank_Sunk out !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Look at the manual carefully. If you don't have it, get one from the manufacturer. The flush procedures are VERY specific. My Kawasaki advises being VERY careful about running the engine w/ no water, and ESPECIALLY regarding revving the engine. Even on the water hose, the water intake into the engine isn't what it would be if you were actually IN the water.

Be very careful about storing them IN saltwater. Extended periods in saltwater are bad juju. There is no way I would leave a ski in the water for a week without pulling it out and flushing it a couple times...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts